Sunday, February 7, 2010

Pigeon Blood Discus Peppering problem

Since several days my Discus tank's lights are not working. While I was trying to feature out whats wrong, I noticed my Pigeon Blood Discus which had no peppering at all now have little bit of it.I think the reason for this Pigeon Blood Discus peppering is they spend more time in dark now.

Usually my Discus fish get 7 hour dark, 9 hour natural light and 8 hour Aquarium light. Now they have 12 hour darker time per day instead of 7 hours like before. I think this might be the reason for peppering. Pigeon Blood Discus are sensitive to darker backgrounds and gravel. Darker their surrounding more pepper they get because Discus fish try to blend with their environment.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting problem. So what happened when you restored the light to normal?

    ReplyDelete